Managing Director and Partner Steve Broadbent’s skill in analyzing and collaborating on the design, funding, and security of nonqualified benefit programs for publicly traded or large, privately held corporations is always in high demand. At Fulcrum Partners, he works attentively with each client, carefully designing effective benefits programs to enable organizations to attract and retain key executive talent while building shareholder value. Steve has 20+ years of targeted financial industry experience, including 11 years as an Executive Benefits Consultant for Clark Consulting, and 6 years with AT&T, of which six were spent as Sales Vice President in Los Angeles. After 22 years of U.S. Navy service, he retired with the rank of commander.
- State of Georgia Board of Community Affairs, appointed by Gov. Brian Kemp
- Johns Creek Public Safety Foundation – Chairman
- Development Authority of Fulton County– Vice Chairman and Director
- Former Deputy Assistant Secretary for the U.S. Department of the Treasury, appointed by President George H.W. Bush. While serving President Bush, Steve led White House Advance Teams on diplomatic missions throughout Europe and the Middle East
- Two-time recipient of the Navy’s Meritorious Service Medal
- Recipient of the Meritorious Service Award from the Secretary of the Treasury
- Recipient of the Commissioner’s Award, which is the highest honor presented by the Commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service
- U.S. Navy retired Commander, serving at sea and in Washington, D.C.
“Fulcrum Partners,” explains Steve Broadbent, “Is a unique firm comprised of individuals who are committed to their communities through both volunteer and philanthropic activities. I serve as Mayor Pro Tem and City Council member in Johns Creek, GA, a community of 83,000 residents in the north Atlanta suburbs.
“I also serve as a Director for the county development authority which promotes economic development activity throughout the county and City of Atlanta. I have been privileged to raise my family in Johns Creek and these activities provide the opportunity to give back to the community in a meaningful way.”
Degrees, Certifications, and Registrations
- Series 6, 63, and 65 registered
- George Washington University, Washington DC, Master of Arts in Public Policy
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, Master in Business Administration
- John Motley Morehead Fellow
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering
You can download photos for the Fulcrum Partners team and more information about Fulcrum Partners Executive Benefits Consultancy here: Authorized Image and Document Download
Steve Broadbent is affiliated with Valmark Securities, Inc. Securities offered through Valmark Securities, Inc. Member FINRA, SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Valmark Advisers, Inc. a SEC Registered Investment Advisor. 130 Springside Dr., Suite 300, Akron, OH 44333. 800-765-5201. OneDigital and Fulcrum Partners are separate entities from Valmark Securities, Inc. and Valmark Advisers, Inc.
CA License #0C48841
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA's BrokerCheck
Publications and Presentations
- Steve Broadbent of Fulcrum Partners Appointed by Gov. Kemp to Board of Community Affairs (May 30, 2019)
- Steve Broadbent, Fulcrum Partners Atlanta, Announces Valmark Global Gift Fund Donation to Johns Creek Public Safety Foundation (October 17, 2017)
- Steve Broadbent, Exemplifying the Fulcrum Partners Executive Benefits Edge (July 27, 2017)
PSX: The People Strategy Exchange eMagazine (July 2014)
PSX: The People Strategy Exchange eMagazine (April 2014)
- With a broad professional background in business, government, and community and volunteer work, Steve brings a diverse spectrum of experiences to every client and project he serves